Due to continued growth and expansion, IDH is currently recruiting for a Temporary Works Designer to operate from its offices in Chorley in Greater Manchester, Lancashire.
We are specifically looking for an individual with at least 5 years’ experience working in the industry; ideally someone with a strong background in formwork and falsework who has the drive to develop their career into design management.
- An engineering degree or HND in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Excellent maths and general numeracy skills, including trigonometry
- 2D AutoCAD skills
- 3D draughting / modelling knowledge a bonus
- Knowledge of formwork and falsework essential, temporary works, a bonus
- Ability to read and understand engineering plans, section details and general arrangements
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Advanced IT skills
- Producing designs and technical drawings using AutoCAD and analysis software.
- Preparing scheme layout technical drawings and supporting calculations and analysis in a timely, clear, and concise manner enabling clients to understand how to erect, and safely use the equipment.
- Assisting in the management and development of the junior members of the team – allocation and checking of formwork projects, coaching and support.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Using analysis software and AutoCAD LT (2D) to determine arrangements and solutions applicable to customer requirements.
- Dependent on experience, you may be required to visit sites and prepare clear and accurate site surveys of existing arrangements and assist in developing solutions which incorporate this detail.
- Detailing requirements typically including a combination of plans, sections, elevations, and notes/details to ensure the customer and IDH fulfil their moral and legal responsibilities as a designer to ensure the safe use of equipment.
- Working effectively and independently, often on multiple projects, for a team under the frequent pressure of tight deadlines.
- Being keen and willing to learn new skills, as well as become familiar with industry technical documents and standards.
No agencies, please. UK residents only.