Are you looking to start a new career in temporary works, formwork, scaffolding or permanent works design?
Here at Independent Design House, a great opportunity has arisen for two energetic apprentices to join our team in Chorley, Lancashire.
Our Apprenticeship Scheme offers an opportunity for you to gain professional experience, get invaluable training, meet new people, and earn a salary. You will gain the skills and training to be part of a recognised professional role, whilst receiving guidance and career support every step of the way.
This is a varied role, and you will have the chance to make it your own, whilst we will provide you with all the knowledge and training you require to be successful. The work you will do will reinforce your learning, providing evidence-based experiences to support your qualification.
“We future-proof our industry by bringing new people into a line of work they may not have considered”
To be considered for shortlisting, you should be able to evidence the following in your application:
- Excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail with a great attitude, commitment and willingness to learn.
- The ability to organise and prioritise your time and workload whilst making great relationships with customers suppliers and team.
- That you are logical and are a keen problem solver with strong written and verbal communication skills along with basic IT skills.
- Desired qualities: AutoCAD, Analytical and number skills.
What training qualifications will you receive?
Here’s what we’ll provide in the way of training:
- Level 3 Civil Engineering Technician.
- Training will be provided one day a week (from the employer’s office or remote learning) with block release grading.
- Training will be provided by Learning Skills Partnership Ltd.
- As part of the training programme, the candidate will become a member of the Institution of Civil Engineers. IDH offers further opportunities to develop within the ICE.
Why join IDH as an apprentice?
Typically, our apprentice will progress into a design role in temporary works, formwork, scaffolding or permanent works design. There will also be opportunity to progress into business development and management.
In the words of Anthony Kenmare, Director of IDH North:
“It’s getting harder and harder to find and retain good engineering staff. A good long-term solution is to ‘grow our own’ and secure the best local new talent. My past experiences have shown that apprentices that have developed through a business like IDH behave in a professional manner, learn the skills required to achieve their objectives and consequently have a personal ‘buy in’ to the business. We future-proof our industry by bringing new people into a line of work they may not have considered. Overall, I believe that bringing in apprenticeships gives IDH improved productivity, better quality of service and higher staff morale.”
Get in touch now.
Start a career you can be proud of, within a company which values its staff and is committed to ensuring each individual reaches their full potential.
If you would like to find out more about this exciting opportunity, please get in touch.